When a person struggles to pass stool or the stool is very dry, they have constipation. As processed and refined food habits increase, constipation is also on the rise. Food passes through the large intestine, where water is reabsorbed and stool is formed. It is expelled from the body, and if there is constipation, the passage of stool may be painful and accompanied by bleeding as well. Know the best tips that can help to get fast relief from constipation with the best Gastroenterologist in Faridabad – Dr. Ram Chandra Soni. Read on!
Children and the elderly are both susceptible to constipation.
Children eat a lot more junk food than adults. Elders lose their teeth as they age and chew less, resulting in indigestion and constipation. It is important to make a conscious effort to treat constipation, as there is no single remedy. Constipation can be treated effectively by combining dietary changes including fiber, water, caffeine, etc.
- Drinking a glass of lukewarm water first thing in the morning is good. Feeling bloated? Add some baking soda to this, it aids in cleansing the bowels.
- Ginger tea is also a great remedy for bowel movements in the morning.
- Constipation can be relieved by drinking warm milk with honey or sugar.
- Warm water or milk with Isabgol husk at bedtime aids bowel movements in the morning.
- Putting a few drops of lukewarm castor oil on the navel before bed can facilitate the passage of stools in the morning.
- Guavas, pears, oranges, grapes, papayas, apples, and other fruits add roughage to the diet and make stools easier to pass.
- You can soak some raisins in hot water, cool them, then crush and strain them. This is an excellent remedy for treating constipation in children.
- Constipation can be treated effectively with carrot or papaya juice.
- Drink eight to ten glasses of water daily to avoid constipation. Artificial juices and canned drinks do not count, as they only make the problem worse.
- Constipation is caused by high-fat, processed foods, alcohol, and caffeine. Avoid them as much as possible.
- Olive oil, castor oil, and ghee help in lubrication and easy passage of the stools.
- To prevent constipation, Triphala can be mixed with warm water and consumed. Because of its bitter taste, you can add a small amount of honey to it. It is antibacterial, antifungal, and antiparasitic. In addition to aiding colon cleansing, this is also a long-term remedy.
- Various yoga poses such as pavana muktasana, yoga mudra, dhanur asana, and vajrasana have benefits for the digestive system, including releasing accumulated gas and promoting bowel movements.
Keeping dietary and lifestyle discipline is very effective in providing long term relief from constipation by following these tips. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult Dr. Ram Chandra Soni, the best Gastroenterologist in Faridabad.