What is a Gastric Problem?
Gas in the stomach is the most common problem that people face. But a Gastric problem has many other symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, heartburn, indigestion, etc. If you are having any of these symptoms then you are suffering from a gastric problem. Dr. Ram Chandra Soni, Gastroenterologist at Accord Superspeciality Hospital Faridabad, tells that doing some lifestyle changes can help us a lot in treating gastric problems permanently. If and when these changes don’t curb the symptoms then seeing a gastroenterologist is required to access the root cause of the problem and treat it.
What Causes a Gastric Problem?
- Food Choices such as heavy, fried food, legumes, peas, etc are hard to digest and can cause gas and acidity in otherwise healthy individuals.
- Highly sugary and fatty foods are also known to cause digestive problems.
- Gastric problems can be a sign of any underlying disorder such as gall bladder stones, digestive problems, and even gastric ulcers.
- Kidney problems, constipation, fatty liver, gastroenteritis, pancreatitis, and gastritis also cause gastric problems.
- An excess amount of gas can enter your mouth due to faulty chewing habits and due to talking while eating.
- Any undigested food in the stomach also creates gas.
- An underlying problem in your digestive system such as H. pylori infection or any other bacterial infection can also be the cause.
What are the Symptoms of a Gastric Problem?
- Excessive Burping or passage of gas
- Heaviness in the stomach after eating
- Inability to digest the fatty or fried food
- Stomach size increases
- Nausea (feeling pukish)
- Loss of appetite
- feeling of heaviness in the stomach even after taking a small meal
- Black stools
How to Cure A Gastric Problem Permanently?
- Eat slowly and don’t talk while eating. Talking while eating allows more air to enter your body and leads to bloating.
- Avoid caffeinated beverages, alcohol, and smoking habits. Choose coconut water, fresh fruit juices, and buttermilk instead of carbonated drinks.
- A healthy diet is a major factor in preventing any gastric problem such as eating fresh food, avoiding red meat and other fatty or fried food.
- Staying physically active is also very important for perfect gut health. Simple exercises like brisk walks and yoga can help.
- Take 8 hours of sleep as it is very important for your digestive system. Studies have revealed that sleep disturbances can cause digestive problems such as abdominal pain, acid regurgitation, abdominal distention, and burping. Lack of sleep can lead to not just digestive disorders but liver diseases as well.
- If all these don’t help and your symptoms are increasing then see a gastroenterologist immediately.
When to see a gastroenterologist for Gastric Problem Treatment?
- If not managed with over the counter medicines
- Symptoms start hampering the lifestyle
- If you see any other symptoms such as bloody stools, severe abdominal pain, Consistent constipation then visit a gastroenterologist immediately.
Why Choose Dr. Ram Chandra Soni to treat your gastric problem permanently?
Dr Ram Chandra Soni is an experienced gastroenterologist and liver specialist in Faridabad. He is an expert in the field of gastroenterology and hepatology. You can trust his opinion and his treatment. He understands the problem well and has a very genuine approach towards his patients. You can meet him at Accord Superspeciality Hospital in the morning or at his Clinic in the evening timing on weekdays. You can also book an online appointment with him.
If you have any queries then call us at +91-8800501960